Explore CIQG Publications by Topic
- CIQG Policy Briefs
- International QA in the News
- Quality International Newsletter
- International Principles for U.S. Accreditors
- CIQG Annual Meeting Presentations
- International Seminar Presentations (2012)
- CHEA International Commission Summaries
- UNESCO Statements
University World News Academic Corruption Columns (Sponsored by CHEA/CIQG)
- Developing Countries Showing the Way to Fight Fraud (pdf) January 13, 2018
- What Are QA Bodies Doing to Tackle Academic Corruption? (pdf) October 6, 2017
- Seeking Global Cooperation to Fight Corruption in HE (pdf) July 14, 2017
2014 CHEA/CIQG Webinar on the Quality Platform
CHEA/UNESCO Statement on Effective Practice to Discourage Degree Mills in Higher Education
A small group of higher education, accreditation and quality assurance and credential evaluation experts was convened by CHEA and UNESCO in 2008 to explore the challenge and problem of “degree mills” or bogus providers of higher education, particularly as these operations affect the growing internationalization of higher education. Seeking to stimulate an international dialogue, the group developed a series of suggestions (pdf) for effective practice in this area.
(French Translation pdf)
Summary of March 2011 CHEA/UNESCO Meeting on For-Profit Higher Education
A meeting (pdf) on for-profit higher education was convened in Washington, DC by CHEA and UNESCO on March 21, 2011. It brought together some 25 participants representing executives of for-profit colleges and universities, academic researchers who focus on this sector and accreditation and quality assurance experts.
UNESCO Portal on Higher Education Institutions
- The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) has established a Portal on Higher Education Institutions that is now available online at: http://www.unesco.org/education/portal/hed-institutions. The Portal provides access to higher education institutions sanctioned either by government or other competent authorities and general information about higher education, accreditation, quality assurance and related subjects in various countries.
CHEA International Principles
- International Principles for U.S. Accreditors (pdf) October 2001
Provides a framework for U.S. accreditors as they undertake reviews of non-U.S. operations in countries outside the U.S.
- Accreditation and Quality Assurance Glossary (pdf) 2007
Words and terms associated with the subjects of accreditation and quality assurance, from Higher Education in the World 2007 – Accreditation for Quality Assurance: What is at Stake? Published by the Global University Network for Innovation.
Statement: Quality Across Borders
- Sharing Quality Higher Education Across Borders: A Statement on Behalf of Higher Education Institutions Worldwide (pdf) January 2005
This statement was developed by CHEA, the American Council on Education, the Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada and the International Association of Universities.
- Sharing Quality Higher Education Across Borders: A Checklist for Good Practice (pdf) May 2006
A checklist of suggested good practice in quality higher education across borders developed by CHEA, the American Council on Education, the Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada and the International Association of Universities.
Letters from the President
- Do We Need an International Confederation for Quality Review of Higher Education? (pdf) September 2003
- International Quality Review and Accreditation: The Role of U.S. Recognized Accrediting Organizations (pdf) August 2002
- International Quality Review and Accreditation: The Role of CHEA Accreditors September 2000
International Sections of CHEA Almanac of External Quality Review 2011
- Number and Location of Non-U.S. Institutions and Programs Operating Outside the United States and Accredited by Recognized U.S. Accrediting Organizations (pdf) as of December 2013
- Number and Location of U.S. Institutions and Programs Operating Outside the United States and Accredited by Recognized U.S. Accrediting Organizations (pdf) as of December 2013
- Summary: Number and Location of Non-U.S. Institutions and Programs Operating Outside the United States and Accredited by Recognized U.S. Accrediting Organizations (pdf) as of December 2013