(Washington, DC) –The Council on Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) Board of Directors has appointed 19 individuals to the Advisory Council of the CHEA International Quality Group (CIQG).
“This is a group of respected leaders in higher education, accreditation and quality assurance internationally,” said CHEA President Judith Eaton. “We are fortunate to have these outstanding colleagues to help guide the CIQG and its work.”
The advisory council will provide guidance with regard to strategic direction, membership development and projects that the CIQG will undertake, as well as identifying key trends and issues in international quality assurance.
The advisory council is made up of individuals from the academic and accreditation/quality assurance communities in a number of countries, reflecting geographic diversity and expertise in international quality assurance, as well as individuals from major multinational organizations that focus on higher education or quality assurance.
Members appointed to the CIQG Advisory Council are:
- Nadia Badrawi, President, Arab Network for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (Egypt)
- Barbara Brittingham, President, Commission on Institutions of Higher Education, New England Association of Schools and Colleges (USA)
- Sir John Daniel, Education Master, Beijing DeTao Masters Academy (China)
- Mark Darby, Counselor, Australian Education International (Australia)
- A. Lee Fritschler, Professor, School of Public Policy, George Mason University (United States)
- Allan Goodman, President, Institute for International Education (USA)
- Madlyn L. Hanes, Vice President, Commonwealth Campuses, Pennsylvania State University (United States)
- Maria Jose Lemaitre, Director, Centro Interuniversitario de Desarrollo and President, International Network for Quality Assurance Agencies in Higher Education (Chile)
- Michael Milligan, Executive Director, ABET (United States)
- Judy C. Miner, President, Foothill College (United States)
- Deane Neubauer, Senior Fellow, Globalization Research Center, University of Hawaii – Manoa (United States)
- Michal Neumann, Deputy Director General for Quality Assessment, Council for Higher Education (Israel)
- Peter Okebukola, President, Global University Network for Innovation – Africa (Nigeria)
- Ved Prakash, Vice Chairman, University Grants Commission, New Delhi (India)
- Jamil Salmi, Consultant, Global Tertiary Education Expert, Global View on Tertiary Education (United States)
- Craig Swenson, Chancellor, Argosy University (United States)
- Lesley Wilson, Secretary General, European University Association (Belgium)
- Richard Yelland, Head of Division, Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (France)
- Jianxin Zhang, Director, Research Institute of Higher Education, Yunnan University (China)
In addition, David G. Carter, Chair of the CHEA Board of Directors, Judith Eaton, CHEA’s President and Stamenka Uvalić-Trumbić, CHEA’s Senior Advisor on International Affairs, will serve as Ex Officio members of the advisory council.
Launched in September, 2012, the CIQG provides an important forum for colleges, universities, accrediting and quality assurance organizations and others worldwide to address issues and challenges focused on quality and quality assurance in an international setting.
# # #
A national advocate and institutional voice for self-regulation of academic quality through accreditation, CHEA is an association of approximately 3,000 degree-granting colleges and universities and recognizes 60 institutional and programmatic accrediting organizations. CHEA is the only national association focused exclusively on higher education accreditation.