(Washington, DC) – At the Annual Meeting of the Board of Directors of the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA), held April 30-May 1, 2012 in Washington, DC, the board voted to elect two new members and reelect three members. The changes are effective July 1, 2012.
The new board members (who will serve a three-year term from 2012-2015) are:
- James L. Gaudino, President, Central Washington University
- Satish K. Tripathi, President, University at Buffalo, State University of New York
The returning board members (who will serve a three-year term from 2012-2015) are:
- Madlyn L. Hanes, Vice President, Commonwealth Campuses, Pennsylvania State University
- Dorothy Leland, Chancellor, University of California, Merced
- Judy C. Miner, President, Foothill College
Reelected members of the Executive Committee (who will serve a one-year term from 2012-2013) are:
- David G. Carter (Chair), Chancellor Emeritus, Connecticut State University System
- Charles Larson (Vice Chair), Chairman of the Board, ViaGlobal Group
- Madlyn L. Hanes (Secretary), Vice President, Commonwealth Campuses, Pennsylvania State University
- John E. Bassett (Treasurer), President, Heritage University
- Bobby Fong (Member-at-Large), President, Ursinus College
In addition, Dorothy Leland was elected Member-at-Large of the Executive Committee.
“We thank these new and returning members of CHEA’s board,” said CHEA President Judith Eaton. “They join a distinguished roster of board members in their work on behalf of CHEA and its advocacy for higher education accreditation.”
# # #
A national advocate and institutional voice for self-regulation of academic quality through accreditation, CHEA is an association of 3,000 degree-granting colleges and universities and recognizes institutional and programmatic accrediting organizations. For more information, visit CHEA’s Website at www.chea.org.