CHEA Board of Directors Elects Board Members
and Executive Committee
(Washington, DC) The Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) Board of Directors elected two new board members as well as the 2016-2017 Executive Committee during the board’s Annual Meeting, held April 25-26, 2016 in Arlington, Virginia. The changes are effective July 1, 2016.
New members of the board (who will serve three-year terms for 2016-2019) are:
- William A. “Bud” Baeslack III, Provost and Executive Vice President, Case Western Reserve University
- Timothy J.L. Chandler, Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs, Towson University
Members of the Executive Committee (who will serve a one-year term for 2016-2017 are:
- James L. Gaudino (Chair), President, Central Washington University
- Elsa Núñez (Secretary), President, Eastern Connecticut State University
- Satish Tripathi (Treasurer), President, University at Buffalo, State University of New York
- David Maxwell (Member-at-Large), President Emeritus, Drake University
- Joe D. May (Member-at-Large), Chancellor, Dallas County Community College District
“Accreditation is important in every facet of higher education and the challenges facing accreditation are increasing,” said CHEA President Judith Eaton. We are deeply appreciative that these individuals will help CHEA address the critical issues ahead.”
# # #
A national advocate and institutional voice for academic quality through accreditation, CHEA is an association of approximately 3,000 degree-granting colleges and universities and recognizes 62 institutional and programmatic accrediting organizations. The CHEA International Quality Group (CIQG) serves as a U.S.-based international forum for quality assurance and accreditation. The CIQG provides services to CIQG members intended to advance understanding of international quality assurance, assist institutions and accreditation/quality assurance organizations in their expanding international engagement and further enhance capacity for academic quality in international higher education. For more information, visit CHEA's Website at www.chea.org
© 2016 Council for Higher Education Accreditation. All rights reserved.